Final Project: Online Magazine
For the final project you will create an online version of a magazine created by the magazine class. A PDF version of the print magazine, as well as the basic assets you will need for the online version.
Your final project should demonstrate a comprehensive menu of Web and multimedia production skills commensurate with what you learned during this course. The expectation is this site should be professional and at a level it could be presented to a national publisher for consideration of distribution.
Here are the files for the respective magazines
Create a responsive designed WordPress Theme that displays properly on both phones and large screens.
You may use Bootstrap _tk starter theme as a starting framework.
The site must have a visually appealing and usable web design.
- 14 text stories, with appropriate bylines, divided into 3-5 categories for navigational purposes
- Photo(s) to accompany every story, with appropriate captions and credit lines
- Create 2 Interactive Graphic using Free Tools (lecture on Wednesday 7th)
- Create CSS and HTML to keep the similar look and feel to the Fresh Magazine.
- A “contact” menu item and page with form elements.
- A link to a downloadable PDF version of the magazine
- An about page that contains:
- a description of the magazine
- magazine and site credits
- Must do something innovative in the CSS or HTML that was not taught in class.
In addition, the site also will be evaluated for the effectiveness of:
- Presentation and editing decisions
- Information architecture/site structure/navigation
- Aesthetic design choices
- Creativity and innovation
It will be up to you decide on the content categories/navigation for your site. You will want to consider all content available and divide it into a logical structure. You also are welcome to use additional assets you collect and/or create. For content used with permission by the creator(s), you must credit the material within the site element where it is used or note the credits on the site’s “about” page. NOTE: Be sure to complete required elements before incorporating extras.
You site should be posted at the following address:
This is your last opportunity to show me you have mastered the concepts taught in class. Remember I start at 0 and points are added as you earn them by executing the project well. I am happy to give design and code feedback through out the assignment that you can incorporate into your project. I suggest you follow the time frame listed below to avoid failure.
Suggested Time Frame:
- Wireframe for homepage (11/17)
- Responsive comp for homepage (11/21)
- Content Complete (11/21)
- WordPress Theme Built (11/28)
- Bugs Fixed and Published (11/30)
Your final project is due on the last day of class Tuesday Dec 2nd. You have 4 weeks so no late work will be accepted except without prior approval and a very, very good reason.